Friday, December 15, 2017

Carpe Diem Sneak Preview first quarter 2018


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I know it's weekend and I know that I cherish these free weekends, but I just had to share my thoughts for the first quarter of 2018. I am already busy with preparing the prompt-list for January 2018 and I think that will be a fairytale like month (smiles), something like Arabian Nights ...

January 2018:

We will discover the beauty of that wonderful series of fairytales as known as "Thousand And One Nights" or "Arabian Nights". That month will be awesome I think. I love fairytales and I remember that we have done a whole month about fairytales, legends and myths and I even created a myth my own in that month.


With the fairytales of Arabian Nights we will have a great kick-off of a whole new year of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

Here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai we have a nice history of journeys and I love to do another month in which we will go on a journey. I even think that I have mentioned this journey somewhere in our rich history.

February 2018:

"I can smell the pepper, the cinnamon and other spices already". This month we will go on a journey along the so called "Silk Road". The Silk Road was a network of trade routes, formally established during the Han Dynasty of China, which linked the regions of the ancient world in commerce. As the Silk Road was not a single thoroughfare from east to west, the term 'Silk Routes’ has become increasingly favored by historians, though 'Silk Road’ is the more common and recognized name. The network was used regularly from 130 BCE, when the Han officially opened trade with the west, to 1453 CE, when the Ottoman Empire boycotted trade with the west and closed the routes.

During this journey we will again read a novel which one ... I haven't yet decided.

somewhere along the silk road
After this journey it is time to find peace again. I have an idea about that, but I don't know if I have the courage to do what I am thinking about. In this time it's somewhat controversial to do a whole month about the Quran, because of all things that happen around the globe. But ... the Quran is a really wonderful book to read. It's full of ancient wisdom and in the Quran love and peace are leading themes ...

March 2018 (with a proviso):

"No human speech can match". This month we will try to explore the beauty of the Quran. The Quran, literally meaning "the recitation" is the central religious text of Islam, which Muslims believe to be a revelation from God (Allah). It is widely regarded as the finest work in classical Arabic literature. The Quran is divided into chapters (surah in Arabic), which are then divided into verses (ayah).

Open Quran
Well ... I am excited about the first quarter of 2018 and I hope you all will be excited too. Please share your thoughts about the first quarter of 2018 with me through the comment field.

Have a great weekend,

Chèvrefeuille, your host

4 comments:

  1. Wow ... I can hardly wait, Kristjaan!
    Hoping to join CD more often this winter.
    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds simply marvelous! Thank you for all you do. And may you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly....beautiful...am really amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Idea. I think this short clip show the greatness of being unafraid.

    https://www.facebook.com/unitedmethodistchurch/videos/10156106553379455/


    ReplyDelete