Sunday, September 24, 2017

Carpe Diem #1260 Winding Road


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend full of inspiration. I am on the nightshift, so this will become (again) a short episode I think, but ... well we will see.

A while ago I published a special episode about the first prompt of CDHK back in 2012, that episode had a nice logo I think, but I thought I would use the photo (without text) someday as a prompt. Well that's going to happen today. I have "removed" the text and then only the photo stays.

I found that image somewhere on Pinterest and it's title came immediately ... "winding road". Why "winding road"? Well ... as I started with CDHK back in 2012 I was on a winding road, because it was a "step into the dark". I had never created a website as Carpe Diem. I don't have IT knowledge enough to create a website, but ... I was lucky to find "blogger" the webdesigner-tool of Google, an easy to use tool to create a nice website.

Winding Road
I remember that I used an almost similar photo in our first anniversary month (2013). I "traveled back in time" and re-read that episode. It was a kind of "reflection" on the first year of CDHK. I love to share a part of that episode here:

[...] "Since October 2012, as I started with Carpe Diem's daily haiku meme, I am on a journey, 'along the way', so to say. A journey similar with Basho's "Narrow Road to the Deep North". On this journey through the wonderful world of haiku (and other Japanese poetry) I came along different places, all caught in a given prompt. The journey led me to all corners of the world where I met wonderful people ... you all my dear haiku-family members.It's a honor that you all will walk this journey with me. Together we are along the way to a wonderful world in which haiku will bind us together and maybe we will bring a little bit love, light and peace to the world through which we are wandering." [...]
As I was preparing this episode a wellknown song of The Beatles came also in mind. I love to share that song here too, maybe to give you something more to become inspired or just for fun. 
 


A wonderful song I would say, a song that will inspire you a little bit more I think. Just enjoy the music and maybe ... it helps you to create your haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form.

Here is my attempt to create a haiku inspired on this photo (and maybe a little the music):

walking
the winding road
in wonder
© Chèvrefeuille
Hm ... I like this one (how immodest), but for sure this haiku is a nice one. It fits the scene, my story and the song ...
This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 6:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until October 1st at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode later on. A preview of our next CD Imagination you can find on our CDHK Tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment