Thursday, April 28, 2016

Carpe Diem #964 kites


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

First my excuses for this late posting, I am in the nightshift and hadn't time earlier. So here it is our new episode. This day our prompt is kites and its based on the modern kigo as gathered by Jane Reichhold in her "A dictionary of haiku".
Kites ... are not specific for spring, but in this time of year we see them more often then in winter, so that's why Jane included this modern kigo for spring.

Here are a few examples for kites as created by Jane:

kite string
a child's name spoken
in a high wind


a kite
raising from sea mists
rainbow colors
© Jane Reichhold




A short episode, but what can I tell you more about kites? I am looking forward to your responses. Have fun!

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until May 3rd at noon (CET). I will try to post our new episode, puddles, later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment