Monday, December 29, 2014

Carpe Diem #637, Departing Year


!! I am a bit early with posting this new episode. This week we will not have a Carpe Diem Time Glass episode !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

2014 Is running to an end and than we will have a whole new year, 2015, ahead of us. A year with new wonderful prompts, featured haiku-poets, articles and of course our new features "Time-Machine" and "Kukai". But that's for next month, I am busy with creating our prompt-list, but I don't think I will be on time ... of course I will try to publish our new list before the end of 2014, but I can't promise that.

Ok back to the episode of today. Today our prompt is departing year, and it is extracted from Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku" ... it's a nice prompt I think and it fits (of course) the time of year ... Here is Jane's example of this prompt:

slow rains

as if leaves were falling
at winter's end

© Jane Reichhold
I think this is a beauty ... How to write a nice new haiku myself for this prompt? I have to try of course ... so here I go:

departing summer
trees losing their green leaves -
thousand colors in return


© Chèvrefeuille

Not really a haiku for this time of year, but I think it's a nice one to give an image to departing.




Ok ... another one ... more in the image and time of this year:

sweeping the garden
at the end of this year
to start fresh


© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until January 1st at noon (CET). I will try to post our last episode of this year, our last GW-post of this year, later on.
PS.: I will have no GW-posts next month, because I will have another prompt-idea ... haiku-writing techniques . So January will have no GW-posts but instead Haiku writing skills will be on Wednesdays.


10 comments:

  1. I love the thought of cleaning out for the new year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too we are doing that every year on the last day of the year. Kind of family tradition ... it's just the idea to go in to a new year with a clean home and garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful tradition. I cleaned house deeply yesterday, but now you inspire me to rake the back yard tomorrow! Thank you.

      Delete
  3. I love your "sweeping the garden" haiku. That is very special.
    Best new year wishes to you (and I am so glad that Bjorn introduced me to your beautiful blog)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai Lydia ... I am glad that Bjorn pointed you this weblog.

      Delete
    2. I'm pleased I can guide people to this wonderful blog...

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to the writing technique prompts, Chevrefeuille :)
    Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Sweep the Gardens" Even the hard parts !!!
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing each of you a fabulous New Year - looking forward to 2015 with haiku and you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best Wishes KP and everyone for a Happy New Year. Thank you for all your efforts in creating such an interesting blog. Cheers !

    ReplyDelete