Thursday, August 21, 2014

Carpe Diem #544, Mask/Masque


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's an awesome month and I have read wonderful haiku, senryu, tanka, kyoka and haibun in response of Khalil Gibran. And of course there was yesterday the GW-post by Jen ... really a great GW-post and I have read beautiful responses on her GW-post ... I ... however haven't written in response of that GW-post. Maybe a lack of inspiration, but .... well I think that I not always have to write a haiku myself in response of our posts here. Of course I try, but ...

Credits: Masque Venise

Today our prompt is Mask/Masque and it's a wonderful prompt I think. Aren't we all sometimes wearing a mask? It's not a shame to wear a mask, there is not always need to be yourself, sometimes it can be really uplifting to be someone else. In my dreams for example I am sometimes a king, or a master-poet, and in real life I am sometimes, to protect myself, someone else without a mask by the way, but on a distance ... this happens sometimes as I have to tell patients about their illness. Than I have to be professional. Than it is not always possible to be close to my patients ... their emotions are at that moment mostly very strong and of course I feel that, as if my throat is squeezed, but I cannot let my tears go at that moment ... my tears are coming later as I am talking with the patient after that first talk. Than I have to let go my mask and show my patients what I feel .... not easy, but sharing their emotions, weeping together is a relief and makes my work that beautiful.

[...] "Even the masks of life are masks of deeper mystery". [...]


Credits: Masque Venise
unmasking
look into the world -
tears flow

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until August 24th at noon. I will try to post our new episode, our fourth haiku by Jim Kacian, our featured haiku-poet, later on. For now have fun!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Kristjaan, reminds me of days I worked in homecare and even today on the phone with youths, but they do not see my tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very clever and personal post - full of psychology and philosophy. The quality of these posts really made me think the other day...that one day they will be ''discovered'' maybe long after we are gone, and be given new prominence.

    ReplyDelete