Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Carpe Diem #455, photographing


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another day has risen and it's time to prepare a new episode in our wonderful (addictive) Haiku Kai. This month it's all about Modern Spring kigo based on Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku" and today that prompt is photographing. Next to writing haiku I love to photograph and I see many of you have that same kind of urge to make photos or paintings or other kinds of art.
I think that photographing not especially is meant for spring, but I can relate to that choice of Jane to make it a modern kigo for spring, because nature's coming to life again and that gives wonderful photos.
Jane wrote the following haiku as an example for this prompt:

bright colors
of her photograph
when he lived

(c) Jane Reichhold

A nice one I think, but not that strong for the prompt, but that's just my feeling.

To give you inspiration I have chosen to share a photo for your inspiration (as I do in our CD Imagination feature). The photo can be of help to write a new haiku ...



Well ... I hope you all did like the read and I hope that it will inspire you to write nice haiku, senryu, tanka, kyoka or haibun.

after snow and frost
cherry blossoms start to burst open -
the spring breeze

(c) Chèvrefeuille

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until April 26th 11.59 AM (CET). Later on I hope to have time to publish our new episode, Crane.


4 comments: