Friday, December 13, 2013

Carpe Diem's Tan Renga Challenge #22, JRB's "The Sweetest of Dreams''


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another week has gone, just a few weeks to go and than we will start a whole new year. I have great ideas to evolve our Haiku Kai and I hope you will stay part of this haiku-family. Today it's Friday December 13th and several people think this will bring bad luck, but I am not superstitious and so I love to share another Tan Renga Challenge with you all.
For this week's Tan Renga Challenge I have chosen a recent haiku written by JRB of Five-Seven-Five in response on ''Beatiful Dreams'', a beautiful music-video by Adrian von Ziegler. JRB has written this haiku and made it into a wonderful gorgeous Haiga. So first I will share that Haiga and after that I will reproduce the haiku as the starting verse of our new Tan Renga Challenge in which the goal is to complete the Tan Renga with your own second 7-7 stanza. Have fun and be inspired.


Isn't it a wonderful Haiga? I am sure you all like this Haiga and I hope to read wonderful continuations or completions of this Tan Renga.

Here is my attempt:

the sweetest of dreams
flowing like silk on her skin
sharp intake of breath                                              (JRB)

sharing blankets with my love
the afterwards coolness of silk                                  (Chèvrefeuille)

I had to complete this Tan Renga in the way I have done. The haiga by JRB gave me a strong sense of romance and sensuality ... so that brought me to this continuation ... I hope you all like this.

This Tan Renga Challenge episode will stay on until December 20th 11.59 AM (CET) and is NOW OPEN for your submissions.

PM: Soon to come a new Sneak Preview for next year.


4 comments:

  1. Great Haiga...had noticed it at the time and I think a great choice for this challenge! Thanks as ever for your fine work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful haiga.. what a challenge to complement that one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you finish Kristjaan, thank you for making it complete :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Kristjaan and friends-been away from CD for a while now.The audio on my laptop doesn't work -so no way I could listen to the music videos and hence am not able to participate.Will try to catch up with the other challenges here.On Friday I leave for a holiday -meeting my school batchmates -a reunion.Will return on 25th afternoon-so wish you all Happy holidays and A Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate it:-)

    This is a beautiful Haiga and lovely completion by you Kristjaan:-)

    ReplyDelete