Sunday, December 15, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #67, Hando's 3rd ''sit in silence''


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I have sought the Internet and my ''haiku-library'' for a nice haiku written by our featured haiku-poet for this month, Hando, and I think I have found another nice haiku to share with you in this Carpe Diem Special. I hope it will inspire you all to write new haiku in the same sense, tone and spirit as the one by Hando.

on the Snowmass slope
even the magpies on the fence
sit in silence
 

(c) Hando



The haiku above Hando wrote at a Cistercian Monastery and maybe you know that the habits of Cistercian monks were white with black ... Hando caught that image in an extra-ordinary way I think. With that same image in mind I wrote the following haiku in response on Hando's.


black on white
crows scatter fresh fallen snow -
the Morningstar rises


(c) Chèvrefeuille

And now ... it's up to you my dear friends to compose an all new haiku inspired onthe one by Hando. This episode will stay on until ecember 17th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode, Part of the Pack, later on today around 7.00 PM (CET). !! Hando's 3rd is open for your submissions at 7.00 PM (CET) !!


7 comments:

  1. good one Kris.....opie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hando's haiku is so beautiful, my breath caught in my throat for a second....and, you definitely captured the essence of it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sharp, crisp image! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like yours a lot more than Hando's ---

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo and very creative haiku ~ love the 'morningstar' ~ thanks, carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really inspired me-both your take Kristjaan and the photo with Hando's haiku:-)

    ReplyDelete