Sunday, December 29, 2013

Carpe Diem #361, Dance with the trees


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

As the end of 2013 is closing into us my thoughts went already to next Spring. Next Spring I will become a granddad for the 7th time, our youngest daughter (21 yrs) will give birth to her first born ... so 2014 will be a great year for my wife and I. I am looking forward to that new born child, because it's a wonder that this child will be born. Our daughter and her boyfriend had a lot of problems with getting pregnant ... so it's really a joy that they will become mom and dad.
Spring is the season of new life and the song I love to share with you all here is about ''trees'', I can see the young green leaves sprouting at the bare branches and than the wind blows and let them dance. Awesome.





This video is made by Rubia Lima ... it's a one-picture-video but a beauty I think. ''Dance with the trees" could be easily a tune for Spring as for Autumn ... but it's a gorgeous composition.

rustling leaves
the spring breeze caresses the trees -
cherry buds sprout

cherry buds sprout
as the spring breeze is tickling
their fragility

their fragility
cherry blossoms dance in the wind
Ah! that sadness

Ah! that sadness
as the autumn storm is dancing
with the trees

Not a strong series, but I liked composing it and I hope it will inspire you all to write new haiku. Have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with us all here at our Haiku kai. By the way I have published our new prompt-list for January 2014 HERE.
This episode will stay on until December 31th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our last episode of 2013, A Celtic Tale, later on around 7.00 PM (CET). "Dance with the trees" is open for your submissions tonight around 7.00 PM (CET).

9 comments:

  1. I think your "Dance" series is one of the best you have done. We must be on the same brain wave, because I wrote mine before seeing yours, and they could be mates..... thanks for your continued inspirations..... opie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see your autumn storm dancing with the trees! Wonderful description of the wind swaying the trees during a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful music and lovely cascading haiku ~ love the 'visual' of cherry blossoms dancing in the wind ~ Happy New Year coming to you ~ carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *do* like this series - very beautiful, Kristjaan.
    And ... congratulations to you and your family, for your new spring arrival :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series too, Kristjaan. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cascading Haiku ... Congratulations on the wonderful news.

    I am still providing palliative/hospice care for my mom -- her sacred journey is becoming shorter. I absolutely do not regret the time spent with her -- yet I miss my daily participation. Wishing you, your family as well as the Carpe Diem family a magical New Year filled abundantly with blessings and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca,
      Am continuing to keep you, your Mother and your family in my prayers during this
      difficult time.
      Peace and love to you and your family,
      Siggi

      Delete
  7. i love the spring breeze tickling...wonderful imagery. so nice to read about the good things happening in your life. ☺ Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the news of your next Grand child.

    Maine, USA has been battling ice storms, blizzards and power outages.
    I faired well...only two outages 11 and 12 hours long. WiFi has been
    an iffy issue also but am hoping that the worst is over now.

    Many have been a week or more without power.

    Wishing the Carpe Diem Family and you, Kristjaan and your family a Happy and
    Prosperous New Year.

    Peace and love to all
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete