Monday, December 23, 2013

Carpe Diem #356, Silent Sentinel


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today (12/23) I will publish three episodes of our Carpe Diem Haiku Kai, because of the holidays. Here in The Netherlands we have two days of Christmas (12/25 & 12/26) and those days I will not be online ... these days are days I share with my loved ones, so today I will try to prepare the episodes for 12/25 & 12/26. This episode however is the one I will publish for Christmas Eve (12/24). By the way I have great news. I have permission to use the music composed by another young musician from Portugal. I will tell you more later as the new year has started.

Our musical prompt for today is Silent Sentinel and this title triggered me, because I can recall the ''sentinels'' which are in ''The Matrix'', but those aren't the theme ofcourse (smiles) it' was just an idea that slipped into my mind as was preparing this episode. Here is the music-video:



Adrian calls this ''relaxing world music'' and in this song you can hear the mid-east, the desert, the high mountains and the images of caravans on their way through the desert searching for an oasis. A wonderful piece of inspirational music I think.

silent oasis
rests in the heat of the day
awaiting visitors

under a starry sky
the sound of rustling palmtrees
and belly dancers

(c) Chèvrefeuille

This episode will stay on until December 25th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, A Red Sun Sets, later on today. !! Silent Sentinel is open for your submissions December 23th 7.00 PM (CET) !!


1 comment:

  1. Really, really nice haiku. Very special. And my favourite prompt.

    ReplyDelete