Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Carpe Diem #345, Prophecy



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today our music-video is the first of a 'series' of four. Adrian composed these as a kind of story and today the music video is titled "Prophecy" ...




Can I write a haiku inspired on it? Let me see ... a first attempt:

ancient drums
resonate through the woods -
witches dancing


Or this one ... more inspired by the title of this piece of music:

the world will end
someday in the faraway future
the cards have spoken


I must confess that I was also thinking of our Tarot-month earlier this year as I wrote this haiku. And this ... I think will be the best attempt (smiles):

ancient master
plays the Shaman drums tonight -
flames licking the sky


Well ... I think I have shared enough for today and I hope this music-composition will inspire you all to write new haiku, senryu, tanka or kyoka. You're welcome to share on this piece of music until December 12th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will share a new episode with the wonderful music of Adrian von Ziegler later on today around 7.00 PM (CET) that will be: Land of the Free, the second part of this short story. !! This episode is open for your submissions today at 7.00 PM (CET) !!

3 comments:

  1. These prompts really are the perfect ones for December in the far north, and your haiku also resonate so strongly here as it darkens at 14.30 pm. Those 3 haiku you wrote blew my mind. The first and third did...and the second..a real prophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More great music and creative haiku ~ thanks, carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The drumming reminds me of a fictional, romance series I read about some druids who when they turn to the ancients for guidance hear drumming. They team up with some so called 'monsters' to prevent an ancient evil prophecy that an evil druid tries to bring to light.

    ReplyDelete