Thursday, December 5, 2013

Carpe Diem #341, Nidhöggr


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today our featured musician, Adrian von Ziegler, shares with us a music video titled "Nidhöggr" it's a bit stronger than the other music-pieces I shared until now. Adrian calls this music "Pagan-Metal" it's a great piece of music and I like it a lot, but had difficulties with the writing of a haiku inspired on this music-video. So ... no haiku by me ... and I am looking forward to all of your nice haiku inspired on this music.




This episode will stay on until December 7th 11.59 AM (CET) and is open for your submissions later on today around 7.00 PM (CET). I will post our next episode, In Light and Darkness, later on today around 7.00 PM (CET). Have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with us.

7 comments:

  1. If YOU had trouble writing a haiku based on the music, just imagine how much trouble the rest of us are going to have! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, MMT. Yes, no images. I used the Pagan Metal theme and the music as inspiration. Not sure how good it is, but difficult to connect to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't freak out, poets. Stretch yourselves. Stretch your imagination. Here's a prompt that's not spoon fed to us and I find that refreshing.

    I don't know what Nidhoggr means and I am pretty sure 99% of participants won't even listen to the song after they read the world "metal" in the description.

    It's an epic song and super mellow on the heavy metal music scale. It evokes images of Lord of the Rings. But I won't be writing about dragons and fantasy creatures because this is haiku and haiku is about real world stuff.

    So think of nature. Think big thunderstorms or the coming of a blizzard or lightening. Or think small. What a small shower does to a bugs world.

    Again, this is what challenges your creativity and I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. googled Nidhöggr... could do something then.. but why not metal haiku?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh heh, Google Translate can't even translate it. NIdhoggr sounds like a creature in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory right next to vermicious knids and Snozwoggler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used this in my own quirky way... It was a tough one; I went with music instead. ;-)
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete