Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Carpe Diem #340, ''beautiful dreams''



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I hope you enjoyed our first Carpe Diem Special by Hando yesterday ... I enjoyed it for sure and I have read wonderful haiku inspired on the one by Hando. But today we are going further on our adventure into the musical world of Adrian von Ziegler, our featured musician for this month''s prompts.
We all dream, that''s a fact and as I look at myself ... my dreams are always centered around the deeper layers of haiku. Several times I dreamed about Basho, my haiku master, and in my dreams he and I are travelling companions and I do learn a lot of him. And I hope that in my haiku his spirit always is present ... in my opinion his spirit is always with me and even sometimes as I am writing haiku, new ones of course, than sometimes it turned out that the haiku I wrote was once written by Basho ... I don''t know how that''s possible ... I think Basho and I are both bound together ...

Today the music-piece I have chosen to share with you for your inspiration is titled ''beautiful dreams'' ... enjoy the music and let it be a source of inspiration.



A very nice and lovely piece of music I think in which the Celtic culture is reflected. The Celtic culture is Adrian''s source for inspiration and during this month of musical prompts I will share a lot of those pieces of Celtic music.

This piece of music inspired me to write the following haiku:

two hearts beat as one
the master and his disciple -
Basho and I


Basho and I
never have met in life,
but in my dreams

A nice set I think ... come on enjoy the music and let it be a source of inspiration for you to write your haiku, senryu, tanka or kyoka. Have fun, be inspired and share.

This episode will stay on until December 6th 11.59 AM (CET) and is open for your submissions at 7.00 PM (CET) today. I will publish our new episode, Nidhoggr, later on today around 7.00 PM (CET).


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful music.. This one really inspired me... Thank you. Great how you connected to Basho.. thank you for your ceaseless efforts..

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky you are to meet, wherever it happens to be :) I like your thoughtful and very personal response to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very special haiku....very special and pure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! I forgot to add my post to this one even though I used it in my haiku... I love the message. Oh well! ;-)
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete