Sunday, November 18, 2012

Carpe Diem #48, mist


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another day in Carpe Diem paradise (smiles). Today Dulcina provided the prompt mist and I think that's a nice one to write haiku about. So let's go do some haiku composing.

Credits: Ken Sturm - Freeland Mist

a haunted forest
with pines reaching to the sky
clad in mist

clad in mist
the pine tree forest
so mysterious

In my country we have in some regions stories about as we call them 'witte wieven' or in English 'white bitches' those are stories to frighten children that they can't go outside when it's dark. Something like the 'boogie-man'. The 'white bitches' are witches that look like tendrils of mist and you can see them in the dark forests of e.g pine trees that we have a lot of in my country. But the 'white bitches' are also in the wetlands and on the heath.

Credits: White Bitches (in Dutch: Witte Wieven)

spooky heath
white bitches dancing -
it's a mystery

tendrils of mist
scaring little children
'the boogie-man comes!'

stories told
white bitches dancing on the heath
just tendrils of mist

Well ... I love it ... those stories are great and I like them very much. What a nice idea to bring such a story in haiku. Thank you Dulcina for this wonderful and inspiring prompt.

This prompt will stay on 'till November 20th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new prompt rose today around 10.00 PM (CET).

Have fun, be inspired and creative. Share your creativity with Carpe Diem.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting, about the British myth, in Sweden mist has been associated with dancing fairiies. Much less menacing :-) I think I might do a second entry on that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor children afraid of those white bitches! First time I hear about them.
    All countries have their imaginary supernatural beings, but I don't like people using them to frighten kids.
    I specially like your clad and tendrils of mist and 'the boogie-man comes!'.
    I have enjoyed your mysterious haiku a lot, thanks!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit late for mist, maybe I'll join tomorrow earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please tell me, if the link didn'd work.
    Thanks Lothar

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am familiar with the "Boogie Man" but not the white "evil" fairies!! They would keep me inside. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete